Shannon Cooper's Academy of dance
Sandrien b photography
are offering recital costume portrait sessions.
Sessions will take place on regular class days.
at Coatesville Area Senior High School.
Get to know your photographer
Hi, I’m Sandrien!
As a portrait photographer, I have plenty of experience photographing dancers. I shoot editorial-style photos that capture real emotions and body language, so you get photos that look natural. My goal as your photographer is to make your dancer feel comfortable and confident. I have plenty of creative ideas for dance pictures that will create a fun and unique experience! Together, we’ll create stunning photos that capture their true personality.
What others are saying
about my full session experience
SAMANTHA B. – SCAD and BAU DANCER
On multiple occasions, I have had the privilege of shooting with Ms Sandrien and it never has been anything short of amazing. As a professional model in the dance industry, it's easy to expect the photographer to have a lack of compassion when it comes to understanding what your model can and cannot do. Not with Ms Sandrien, she always goes the extra mile to make me feel comfortable, confident, and fierce in front of the lens. She has been a pleasure to work with and makes every photo session fun, memorable, and filled with joy.
Gina L. – BEAT Addikts United dancer
Sandrien is the sweetest lady you will ever meet and makes you feel warm and comfortable. I highly encourage you to get your photos done by Sandrien for the most natural, fantastic, and creative-looking photos! Seeing yourself naturally smile on camera is a whole different kind of beautiful. Her work is incredible and I was so ecstatic to see the results. She is the best photographer in the Tri-state area!
Angeleah A. – BEAT ADDIKTS UNITED DANCER
Every photo shoot I’ve had with Ms. Sandrien has always been the best and most professional. I had my very first session when I was about 14 or 15 and I had absolutely zero confidence, as well as trust in myself. Having her talk with me and figure out what fit best for me absolutely changed the way I viewed myself, not only as a dancer but as a person, and I am forever grateful for her support, patience, and guidance.
sandrien b photography has been Published in
these sessions are For SCAD Dancers only
Class photo+Individual - $30
- Photos will be taken during class hours
- Your dancer will take a group photo with their class
- And one posed, full lenght costume photo
- SCAD staff will assist with posing
- If the dancer wants to try a difficult jump/pose, unfortunately there is no time for multiple tries.
- 2 Photos will be printed in 5x7 size
- One group photo and one individual photo
- Photographer will select the best photo for print.
- Two photos come in one mat
- One mat includes a group and individual photo of one class.
Professional mini photo session - $75
- Includes a professional 15 minute photo session
- Time changing between costumes is included in the session time.
- This will be a good session if you want to take multiple poses of multiple costumes or if your dancer wants to take difficult dance jumps, that need a few takes.
- You can book this session for a sibling photo.
- Photographer and dancer will work together for the best posing for the costume.
- Private online gallery to select your favorite photos
- Six 5x7 printed photos in mat in a box (this can be any photo you want; any group photo or just individuals)
- 6 Digital Photos
- 10% discount on a la carte orders
These prices and packages for recital sessions are created especially for SCAD students, only valid for a limited time and different than regular sessions.
- Make sure to read the information on the entire page.
- Dancers will take a group photo with each class and one dance pose that fits the style of the dance/costume.
- All printed orders will be placed on June 30th.
- All print orders will be shipped to your home after July 20th.
- The online gallery has the option for online a la carte orders.
- A la carte orders can be placed up front or after the session by email.
- When your dancer is sick, awaiting Covid testing or tested positive for Covid, you have to reschedule the session.
- No refunds will be given after session date.
- For the professional photosession packages: If you did not select your photo for print by June 30th, you will have to pay an additional $10 shipping fee with your print order.
- Online Gallery expires after November 15th, 2022
- Discount code for a la carte orders expires November 1st, 2022
By booking a session online with Sandrien B Photography, you read, understood and automatically agreed with our terms and conditions.
When you select this button, you will be sent to the sign up form
When you select this button you will be sent to an online calendar before you are sent to the online sign up form. Session dates and times are limited!
How many costumes?
Each dancer will have the opportunity to have their photo taken right after their group photo during rehearsal. CLASS PACKAGE: You have the option to purchase a group photo and individual photo of just one dance or of all dances. Just fill out all the naes of the classes in the contact form.
PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SESSION: We recommend to photograph 3 costumes, because the dancer also needs time to change in between.
Can we do sibling photos?
Yes, you can have siblings do one session together when you book the Professional Photo session. They have 15 minutes to take photos together and by themselves.
Can my dancer be photographed without a mask?
We will follow CDC guidelines when we are photographing. This means the photographer will wear a ask if the dancer/parent prefers that. When the dancer is in front of the camera, the dancer does not need to wear their mask. But during group photos, they can if they are not comfortable being close to other dancers without the mask. Please reschedule your session when your dancer or someone in your household is feeling sick, is waiting for COVID test results or or tested positive for Covid-19.
How long will it take for us to receive the photos?
CLASS PACKAGE: Photos will be sent to your home address after July 20th.
PROFESSIONAL SESSION PACKAGE: You will receive a link to your private gallery after June 10th.
How much experience do you have?
I photographed many events for Ms Shannon. I'm also the photographer for Beat Addikts United, TOCD, Feet First Dance, 313 Dance, Delawareness, Reverb Dance Collective, Padua Dance Team and Underground dance academy. I also have photographed dancers for the cover of Delaware today magazine.
Can I, as a parent, be at the session?
SCAD policy is to have these sessions without parents in the studio. There will always be a staff member present to help with posing.
Photographer is not able to assist with costume changes.
do you WANT me to photograph your dancer in a full session?
or do you want to get more inforation about another portrait or branding session?
Prices and fees for recital and dance team sessions are only valid for a limited time and different than regular sessions.